What is a vaporizer?
A vaporizer is an evaporator that contains a liquid, usually containing nicotine, instead of tobacco. When smoking, the liquid is heated by a battery-powered heating element and finally vaporized. The composition of the liquid, which is in an associated pod, depends on the product and therefore varies greatly - the liquid usually contains distilled water, the additives propylene glycol and glycerin, various flavorings and nicotine.
Is the use of vaporizers allowed worldwide?
Depending on the facility and location, there are some restrictions on the public use of vaporizers. Therefore, please check the legal regulations beforehand.
Where are nuumi products manufactured?
The nuumi vaporizer was developed and designed in Germany. The battery systems are produced in Asia and the liquids are manufactured by a doctor and pharmacist in Germany based on the drug guidelines.
Can I also purchase nuumi products from other retailers?
All nuumi products can only be purchased from the official nuumi shop.
Who can buy the vaporizer?
Everyone who is at least 18 years old and who does not have any of the following contraindications may purchase the vaporizer:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Persons with respiratory diseases or allergies to product components: E-liquids used with this vaporizer contain glycerin. In diabetics, glycerin can lead to hyperglycemia or glucosuria.
- Individuals suffering from cardiovascular disease or diabetes
- Individuals on treatment with antidepressants or asthma medications
- Non-smokers are advised not to use vaporizers inside
How do vaporizers differ from traditional cigarettes?
The difference between a traditional cigarette and a vaporizer is that the vaporizer vaporizes a liquid instead of burning tobacco. The liquid consists mainly of glycerin and propylene glycol and, unlike cigarettes, does not produce smoke but vapor. The liquids contain significantly fewer harmful substances than tobacco cigarettes and are therefore significantly less of a burden on physical health
How do I use the vaporizer?
- The vaporizer consists of a battery carrier and the associated nicotine-containing pods. Before using the vaporizer for the first time, fully charge it with the supplied cable by plugging the cable into the charging socket and connecting it to a suitable socket. Charge the vaporizer until the LED indicator turns solid white.
- Download the nuumi app. This is available in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Before using the vaporizer for the first time, you must first complete the basic module there. Only then can you connect the vaporizer to the app.
- After the successful pairing between your vaporizer and the app, you can take the pod out of the packaging and remove the silicone caps. Please check the pod for leaks before each use.
- Insert the pod into the vaporizer and unlock it in the app. Then follow the instructions in the app.
- After the pod has been unlocked in the app, the vaporizer is ready to use. To inhale the vapour, pull on the vaporizer's mouthpiece. If the LED indicator lights up white when you puff, the vaporizer is working properly.
- The app tracks every move made. The vaporizer does not need to be connected to the app to be used. The puffs are saved offline on the vaporizer and transferred to the app the next time you connect. If you still reach for a cigarette in between, please add each smoked cigarette manually in the app. This is the only way that nicotine withdrawal can be personalized for you.
What is the best way to store the vaporizer?
Please store the vaporizer in a cool and dry place if possible. Too warm or too humid conditions can damage the vaporizer. To ensure normal operation, the temperature must be between 0°C and 50°C (charging) or -10°C and 60°C (using). Direct sunlight and moisture should always be avoided.
How do I clean the vaporizer?
For reasons of hygiene, please always keep the vaporizer clean. To clean the vaporizer, simply separate the pod from the mod and clean both parts with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Please make sure that no water enters the pod.
Why does the vaporizer produce little vapor?
If your vaporizer produces little vapor, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
Low battery level
When your vaporizer's battery is low, it may produce less vapor than normal. In this case, fully charge the vaporizer to start vaping properly again.
With frequent use, dirt in your mod can cause vapor production to drop. In this case you should clean the vaporizer thoroughly. This is best done with a dry or slightly damp cloth.
Little liquid in the depot
As the pod runs out of liquid, vapor production slows down. Simply swap out the empty pod to start producing more vapor again.
Wrong pulling technique
Sometimes when the vaporizer produces little vapor, it's simply because you're not drawing properly. This can happen especially when switching from cigarettes to a vaporizer - you draw too short and too hard on the vaporizer. The result: too little steam. To get around this, hit the vaporizer gently and slowly increase the intensity.
If you have followed all of the previous tips and vapor production is still limited, your pod may be defective. In this case, please contact nuumi customer service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are glad to help you.
Why is my vaporizer getting hot?
Your vaporizer generates heat because the liquid contained in the pod is heated by a heating wire. If you use your vaporizer a lot in a short period of time, you may feel the heat on your hand - this is normal and nothing to worry about. If the device is unusually hot, stop using it for a few minutes. As soon as the vaporizer has cooled down, you can continue vaping normally.
Can I take the vaporizer with me on a plane?
Basically, taking a vaporizer with you when flying is not a problem. However, the different air pressure in the aircraft can cause the air inside the Liquidpods to expand and liquid to escape. In this case, wipe off the spilled liquid with a cloth and then wash your hands. Remember that you can only transport your vaporizer and the associated pods in your hand luggage.
What is the significance of the light signals on the LED display?
Below is a listing of the different LED functions:
- The vaporizer is successfully paired with the app: white LED flashes 4x
- New pod is inserted: red LED flashes 3x
- Pod is activated with the app: white LED flashes 2x
- Activated pod is inserted: white LED flashes 2x
- Battery level is below 5%: red LED flashes 5x
- Child lock activation: red LED flashes 3x
- Deactivation of child lock: white LED flashes 2x
- Vaporizer puff: white LED lit (pod activated) or red LED lit (pod needs to be activated)
- Charging process: red LED is on (charging in progress) or white LED is on (charging complete)
- Battery level is below 5%: red LED flashes 5x
- Safety shutdown: red LED flashes 3x
- Short-circuit protection: red LED flashes 3x
Where can I find the user manual?
The user manuals are always included in the packaging of the respective products. Alternatively, you can also find all operating instructions online .
When do I need to charge the vaporizer?
The low battery level is signaled to you by the red operating LED lighting up. You can also check the battery status within the app.
How do I properly charge the vaporizer?
To charge the vaporizer, connect the battery with the included cable and plug it into a USB-C port or wall adapter (5V / 2A). The power LED will now light up red and the charging process will begin. As soon as the operating LED lights up white, the battery is fully charged.
How can I check the charge status of the vaporizer?
You can easily check the charging status of the vaporizer in the app or check it using the operating light. As long as the charging process is in progress, the LED lights up red continuously. When the vaporizer is fully charged, the LED will turn white.
Are third-party chargers compatible with the nuumi vaporizer?
No, the vaporizer is only compatible with the nuumi charging cable. Using a different charger can damage your vaporizer's battery, increasing the risk of a cord fire. Therefore, please only use the supplied charging cable for charging.
How do I dispose of my vaporizer?
Dispose of your defective or old vaporizer at a municipal collection point, as required by law. Disposal with normal household waste is expressly prohibited and violates the nationwide battery law (BattG). Further information on disposal options and the battery law can be found at www.grs-batterien.de or from the responsible Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety at www.bmu.de/Waste Management .